In today’s digital world, it is vital that your construction firm builds a consistent and authoritative voice online. A digital PR (public relations) strategy that gets you exposure with the right construction industry influencers, journalists and online news sites can help.
Traditional PR vs digital PR
Where once your customers and prospects relied on print publications and offline media to access their news, now they frequently visit online news sites, forums, blogs, social media feeds and more.
Don’t get us wrong – research shows that traditional PR still very much has its place.
But if your customers and prospects can’t discover your organisation online, you could be missing out on valuable interactions with your digital audiences – and ultimately, losing sales too.
How to win at online PR
A successful digital or online PR strategy relies on creating high-impact content that you publish to your own website and that influential online audiences want to share and link to. As more people create links back to your content, you’ll boost your website’s domain authority and improve your ranking in search engine results pages – making you more likely to be found and contacted by customers and prospects.
Collaborating across our in-house content and PR teams, we develop multimedia campaigns and content strategies designed to deliver valuable backlinks to your website. We then reach out to our extensive network of construction industry journalists, bloggers and influencers to secure coverage and links to your content online.
Proving the value of digital PR
Our mantra at LMC is “measure anything that moves”. For digital PR campaigns, we closely monitor the impact of our work against agreed key metrics and objectives, which usually include:
- Number and authority of links back to your website
- Your website’s domain authority
- Your website’s performance in search engine results pages
- Number of new business leads and other goal conversions
What should you do next?
- Check your website is presenting the best image of your business online. You’ll want your website to be in tip top condition to give you the greatest chance of generating new business once people arrive there.
- Work out whether you have the capacity to research, create and promote high-impact content for digital PR campaigns. We’re talking content based on powerful stories, intelligent analysis, insights, and strong positions on industry issues – it’s what journalists and influencers really want to get their hands on.
- Contact us for a no obligation, totally confidential chat about digital PR and communications.